Friday, May 10, 2013

The Republican Party Needs to go!

 
Abraham Lincoln
The Republican Party is just too dangerous for our country, and we as progressives can’t keep taking this party seriously. I’m amazed how low this once great political party has fallen, for example Abraham Lincoln freeing the slaves with the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863 and he won the Civil War and he showed leadership when the presidents that came before Lincoln did not do anything to stop the events that lead to the Civil War. Well to be fair the only President of the 1850s that maybe would have been able to stop the events that lead to the Civil War was Zachary Taylor, but I digress.
 
Theodore Roosevelt
 Another Republican President that I liked was Theodore Roosevelt with his progressive policies during his presidency. He went after the large corporations and the large trusts. JP Morgan really did not like Roosevelt. I also really like TR's style he went out and fought for the common man and unlike Barack Obama made his case to the American people and then the American people were able to put pressure on Congress and they were forced to pass TR's agenda. 
 
These points that I made were the main reasons why I became a republican when I was younger, because of their once great history key word there history. However at the time I did not realize that the Republican Party had become a different political party that had sold out the corporations and to the lobbyists. Not just some corporations, they have sold out to every corporation, from the gun manufacturers to the private health care companies to the big oil corporations to the big banks, and I can go on and on.
 
George W. Bush (Moron)
 I realized the Republicans had sold-out around 2004 when President Bush, was running for reelection and I realized that Bush was just a moron and I could not stand him and I was a Republican at the time because he lied us into the Iraq War and he gave huge tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations and deregulated not only Wall Street but most corporations. All of this deregulation and the tax cuts lead to the crash of 2008 and if the Republicans had their way we would not have had any food stamps unemployment insurance and any of the social safety net that was put in by Democratic Administrations. The Republican Party has been working for the last forty or fifty years in order to remove all of the reforms that Theodore Roosevelt put in place in order to help the common man and the country as a whole and makes sure that the wealthy and the corporations get all of the benefits. I voted for John Kerry and around 2006 I left the Republican Party and became a progressive and I never looked back.
 
We as progressives can’t allow this party to live on past 2014 and 2016 because if they are allowed to stay in some sort of power in Washington then this country will go further downhill. Just as a disclaimer I’m not talking about getting our guns and killing all of the republicans, like the right wing always want to do. I’m talking about us progressives going out and voting and organizing and getting people to vote for real progressives in order to get the change that we can really believe in. The Republican Party needs to go, there time is up and we as progressives can't allow these lack for a better word nut jobs to continue to have any power in Washington DC. Enough is enough we need real change!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment