Sunday, May 12, 2013

Why do Christians use their religion in order to justify their hate for Homosexuals?

Jesus Christ
I can't stop posting to this blog, but I have to write about how Christians are using their religion in order to justify their hatred for homosexuals. Before I start I want to say that I consider myself a Christian even though I'm really not practicing right now and my middle name is Jesus and my mother gave me that middle name because she is a firm believer of Jesus Christ and the Christian faith. Now I'm going to start with the Christians, first of all for the record, I'm not degenerating all Christians with this blog but only certain Christians that use their religion in order to hate other people no matter if they are gay. What's interesting to me is that Jesus does not talk about hating other people in fact it's quite the opposite Jesus talks about loving your neighbors. In Matthew chapter twenty-two verses 37-40 Jesus says that "thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets." (Matthew 22:37-40) These verses talk about loving God of course that's expected, however it also talk about loving your neighbors too. As Christians you are not supposed to hate anyone, no matter how they lead their lives. This is a hypocrisy some Christians in the religion have that really bothers me which is one of the reasons why I don't practice the faith as much as I personally think I should.


I guess Christians with tattoos are hypocrites
and they are all going to hell!
Now regarding Homosexuals in the Old Testament in the Holy Bible it says in the book of Leviticus chapter 18:22 "Do not have sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman; that is detestable." (Leviticus 18:22) and it says in 20:13 it says that "If a man has sexual relations with a man as one does with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They are to be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads" (Leviticus 20:13) Leviticus does say that Homosexuality is a sin however there are two problems with this, one Leviticus is in the old testament and the second problem is that Leviticus did not ever meet Jesus Christ who Christians believe to be the savior, the Messiah and Jesus Christ himself never directly condemned homosexuality in the Bible. To me personally as a Christian if Jesus did not condemn homosexuality that means that it was not too important to the savior Jesus Christ. Another point that I laugh every time I think about it, Christians that hate homosexuals believe Leviticus 18:22 completely however I guess that these so called Christians did not read the very next chapter of Leviticus. Chapter 19:28 says that "You shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor tattoo any marks upon you: I am the Lord." Every time I see Christians that hate homosexuals they always refer me to Leviticus 18:22 but they obviously did not read the very next chapter and when I bring it up most of these people just give me a blank stare like they never heard of Leviticus 19:28 before. So I guess that most Christians have never bothered reading the rest of Leviticus and that's funny to me because if you are going to believe in a religion at least know what you can and can not do.


Now the next point that I want to talk about is all of the right wing Christians that have not read the Bible at all obviously, or else they would not hate homosexuals. I've been watching a lot of conservative commentators on YouTube and I am amazed how hateful some of these people are. An example of someone like that is Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association (AFA) I've been watching some Fischer clips on YouTube and he hates homosexuals. He has blamed gays for almost all of our problems in this country. This video on the left is Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association blaming homosexuals for the economic crash. I was shocked when I saw Fischer says this because there is no proof what so ever that homosexuals was the reason why that the economic crash of 2008 happened. There are a number of factors that lead to the economic crash of 2008, however one of those factors was not homosexuals. That is the most asinine argument I've ever heard. This is not the only clip of Bryan Fischer hating on homosexuals but to me personally this one that surprised me or made me laugh the most. I'm assuming that most people that are going to read this blog know why the economic crash happened and it had nothing to do with homosexuals. 


These are going to be my final thoughts of this blog, I personally think that homosexuality is neither a good thing or a bad thing but it's not up to us as a society to judge homosexuals. What we as society should be doing is accepting of homosexuals and making sure that they have all of the rights that we do as heterosexuals. I know that this may not be popular with some people Christian or not, but if you are against my idea and you are a Christian, then you must understand that only God can judge people. If you are not God then you have no business judging anyone let alone homosexuals. If you look at the book of Matthew 7:1-2 it says that “Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you." In other words if you start to judge other people then you will be judged in the same manner because you are sinning just as much as the homosexual for example.  Hell even Glenn Beck agrees with me check out this clip below.



PS: I don't think that Beck really agrees with me but he makes the argument that gays have made the point that equal rights for homosexuals is about freedom and as Beck says 

 "The Principle Of It Is Right"


No comments:

Post a Comment